Top Cut Foods continues to be the leading specialist butcher in both Australia and Asia with 8 sites in most capital cities of Australia, as well as multiple sites in China and Japan and sales offices in Korea and Hong Kong. We have world class accredited facilities across Australia and Asia and we proudly deliver a quality range of beef, lamb, veal, pork, poultry and smallgoods products, as well as ready to heat meal solutions to our 2000+ customers in Australia and throughout Asia. We pride ourselves on our brands that fall under the Top Cut umbrella and we are currently relaunching our exclusive Tender Plus, High Country Pork, Gippsland Fresh, Caterfare, Northern Rivers Meat and Kurts Smallgoods brands. Now part of the Simplot Group, working within our business will provide a rewarding career with opportunities for future development.
We are seeking a National Safety Manager to develop, implement and maintain Health & Safety strategies and initiatives to support Top Cut’s conformance to regulatory OHS processes and to drive a continuous improvement in the Occupational Work Health and Safety (OHS) culture at Top Cut Foods.
Working closely with the Senior Leadership Team, this role provides advice, support and coaching on all risk, compliance and safety-related matters for Top Cut Foods. The key deliverables include the implementation and management of Safety and Wellbeing policies and processes, technical expertise and leadership, budget management, project management and training.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Advising management of critical OHS risks and recommending appropriate controls to address OHS performance.
- Coordinating OHS activities across sites and contributing to the development and implementation of plans regarding key health and safety strategies.
- Advising management of responsibilities under the Act and the overall state of OHS at the workplace including monthly management reporting.
- Building capability of safety across the business by providing leadership, tools and education to occupational health and safety representatives and team leaders.
- Driving cultural change by engaging with the workforce to reinforce expectations and proactively coaching and influencing leaders to set, monitor, track and embed safety standards and targets.
- Guiding the investigation of incidents, near misses and unsafe working conditions including reporting of identified hazards and appropriate risk control measures to the Leadership team.
- Working with relevant stakeholders at Top Cut and Simplot to develop, implement and maintain an OHS Safety Management System
We are seeking an Occupational Health & Safety professional with an approved degree or post-graduate diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or related discipline. Industry experience must include working in a meat or food manufacturing environment, within a medium to large sized organisation with multiple sites.
Candidates should have a sound knowledge of hazard identification, risk assessment, risk control principles and their practical application to plant, equipment, processes, property, environment and other risk exposures within the business. A solid understanding of the principles of work related injury/illness and rehabilitation, and practical application of appropriate claims management processes are also a requirement. Experience in developing and implementing a Safety Management System is desirable.
Excellent project management capability including identifying, developing and implementing change programs is important. As a strong leader, you should be able to engage and gain commitment across all levels of the business from key stakeholders through to team members.
If you believe you have the experience, skills and resilience to take on a new career challenge, this could be your next role! Please apply online today.