We are a large and fully integrated infrastructure business chartered with a responsibility that is pivotal to the success of Queensland and its people. Our culture is one based around safety and performance.
As a self-insured employer, Queensland Rail manages Workers' Compensation claims in accordance with legislation, policies, procedures and standards.
We have an opportunity for a Workers' Compensation Claims Officer to join our Health and Wellbeing team to manage worker's compensation claims for the organisation.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Determine and manage statutory claims in accordance with relevant legislation;
- Managing and controlling investigations, enquiries, reports and correspondence and any other actions necessary to manage claims.
- Maintaining close relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally
- Providing advice, analysis and support for queries on Workers' Compensation internally.
- Maintain appropriate skills and training in line with licence and regulatory requirements and keep abreast of all changes to legislation relevant to the management and processing of Workers’ Compensation claims.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- High level of skill in the application of Workers’ Compensation claims management strategies in a self-insured environment
- Extensive knowledge of Workers' Compensation and subordinate Legislation as it applies to statutory claims and common law claims and injury management;
- High level of skill in investigation and interview techniques to Workers’ Compensation claims management in a self-insured environment.
- Substantial analytical and decision-making skills
- Substantial interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of and willingness to commit to and work within Queensland Rail’s Values and Behaviours.
This is a genuine opportunity to develop your career and benefit from the expertise and leadership within a large and progressive organisation.
This is a full time, permanent opportunity based in our Brisbane CBD office, Monday to Friday. The salary for this role is approximately $78,000 annually.
If this position interests you and you feel you have the knowledge and experience please apply to position number 43934 via our website by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining your relevant experience by 5.00pm Thursday the 21st of March 2019.
External applicants applying for roles within Queensland Rail will be subject to Alcohol and Other Drugs pre-employment testing.
As Queensland Rail is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, we encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from non-English speaking backgrounds, and members of other diverse groups to apply. We support working flexibly and encourage candidates to have a discussion around flexible work arrangements.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity please contact Ellie with your specific enquiry on 07 3072 2599 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.