Human Resources Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast (View other jobs from this organisation)
Human Resources Officer
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 8,000 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
Surrounded by lush tropical gardens and sparkling blue lagoons, Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast offers over 295 guest rooms and suites, award winning restaurants and bars and over 14 conference and meeting spaces, all in an absolute beachfront environment.
The role of Human Resources Officer provides the variety of a HR generalist role, with a focus on HR administration, recruitment, learning and development, industrial relations, engagement and health and safety. In this role you will work closely with the Complex Director of HR and HR Manager on all Human Resources initiatives.
- Manage the recruitment process with Departmental Managers ensuring full compliance with Marriott International’s policies.
- Coordinate and facilitate internal and external training sessions for all levels of the hotel.
- Assist Departmental Managers with associate grievances and disciplinary situations when required.
- Manage the WH&S committee meetings, follow up on WH&S action plans, conduct compliance audits and investigate Associate incidents.
- Manage workers compensation claims and return to work plans.
- Coordinate and facilitate engagement, wellness and other Marriott International initiatives throughout the year.
Successful Candidates will have:
- Previous experience in a HR generalist role, preferably within a hotel environment.
- Experience with end-to-end recruitment.
- An engaging approach to facilitating training.
- Proven administrative, organisational and time management skills.
- Experience in responding to multiple and simultaneous deadlines while working towards detailed targets and goals.
- Professional communication and interpersonal skills.
- The adaptability to build strong working relationships.
- A willingness to learn and develop your career as a HR professional.
- Tertiary education in HR, Hospitality of Training is desirable, but not essential.
- Covid-19 vaccination required - completed vaccination or willing to be vaccinated.
Enjoy the benefits of unlimited career opportunities, to attract and retain the best and brightest people for our team, we offer a range of exceptional benefits, including generous accommodation discounts, discounted onsite parking and duty meals, world class training programs and strategic career development opportunities.
Working for Sheraton is so much more than just a job, it's a lifestyle. Be your best. Start your career at Sheraton, where you don't just work – you belong.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
- QLD - Gold Coast
- Work Type:
- Part Time
Return to Work